“We don't need a handful of people doing zero waste perfectly. We need millions of people doing it imperfectly.” - Anne Marie Bonneau
I am committed to regularly looking at the business and trying to make positive changes where possible. Ideas and suggestions are always welcome.
Here are some of the things we do already to reduce our impact on the environment:
- The couch roll I use is made from wood from sustainable sources, so trees are planted to offset the wood used.
- I wash and dry my towels and couch covers in the most energy efficient machine I could afford (Energy rated A) which also helps to reduce cost.
- I subscribe to a green tariff for my electricity, so what electricity I do use is sourced from renewable sources.
- The massage oil I use came in small pump action bottles, and the pump part is not recyclable. To combat this I have swapped to buying my oil in bulk and reusing the old bottles. The large container, when eventually emptied, can be fully recycled.
- My website is hosted by a company who uses 100% renewable energy for their servers and an energy efficient building here in Hemel Hempstead (see Kualo for more details).
Over the years we have supported many different charities. Activities include:
- paying for space at charity pamper evenings in the local area
- donating gift vouchers to fundraising raffles
- taking part in sponsored events